Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Procrastinations finest :/

So what if it's been a month?
So what if I swore it would be a weekly update?!!?
I laugh at you for underestimating my procrastatory powers!!
Is that a real word?

What's been going on????
Nothing.
That's why I haven't blogged [ But that's an awful excuse, you say?]
Well....I didn't think you'd want to see pictures of the four places I've been spending all my time: random roads since I've basically been living in my car, my bed- which looks the same every morning and night [unmade], work [I'm pretty sure privacy laws prohibit that,] and although my new instructor is a nice man, he probably wouldn't appreciate me snapping random photos during class. So that's that.

BUT!!!!
I made a CAKE! Finally something to POST!

And it was awesome.

Dustin's birthday was the 17th (YEP!!!! He was a ST. PADDYs BABY!) I had to work nightshift the night of the 16th and had class the evening of the 17th so we celebrated on the 18th. I know...it's all my fault right?
so as my penance for not allowing my wonderful husband to celebrate on his ACTUAL birthday....
I made this!


OH-EM-to the Effing GEE!!!!!
BTW, it's a "PRESENT" See the ribbon?-do NOT mock my fondant skills.

Upon super close examination you will notice the shamrocks etched pains-takingly into the "ribbon." My sister-in-law telling me that it looks like fruit by the foot makes me wish that I had thought of that! It would have saved me so much time hahahahahaha. :) 

[Consider opening a new store called "Hodge Podge Bakery" The slogan will be "We make cakes out of whatever's lyin' around."]

Okay, So I know it's not beautiful....but it ain't the worst cake I've ever seen. [SWVA accent.] Any aesthetic deficiencies the cake may have possessed were forgiven due to the awesome-ness that it possessed inside. Which was all Betty Crocker....not me.

I would like to think that I will get better with practice, but considering that I only bake a cake maybe once a year and try to use fondant about once every 4....I'm thinking this is about as good as it gets.


Fondant cake=delicious pseudo fail.



No comments:

Post a Comment