Monday, January 3, 2011

And again!

I realize that I am, indeed a weiner. And I'm posting two updates in one day. I just thought reading two moderately sized posts would be easier than reading two ginormous, novel-ish posts.


So here's the rest of the baby updates!!


------
11/24/10


Morning sickness!!!! ARGGGHH!!!!
I have been informed that when you're an infertile and you magically get a miracle pregnancy out of nowhere that apparently you're not allowed to complain about being sick.
So, if that bugs you then kindly skip the next paragraph because I'm about to whine!! OH NOES!


SOOO SIIIIICK!!!! Does not even begin to cover it. I think my husband might be considering that I am possessed by zee devil. On this day I'm puking my guts up and can't even manage to take a shower without having to take a break to yak....I'm sick, okay! After I clog up the shower, hubby patiently waits for me to crawl in the back of the car with my pillow and blanket and we head to the doctor while I lay in the back seat and moan like a pitiful weiner....mind you this is WITH anti-sickness meds; Zofran to be exact with everyone claims is a "miracle drug." NOPE! No miracle drug for Manders!!! You used up all your miracles conceiving this little mystery...so no miracle cure for you! Sorry!!  So I get to the doctor and she says "Hey, you look like crap!" And I say "thanks" and she says "Here's some phenergan...stop puking in muh trashcans and go home"


Now for those of you who only want to read happy, non-whiney stuff. We got to actually HEAR the heartbeat for the first time! Dustin got teary eyed and I got a little weepy....but mostly just grinned from ear to ear. Being sick sucks but maybe if I walk about with a doppler stuck to my tummy so I can constantly hear the heartbeat I'd be in a better mood? That's not an option??? Okay then....




----------
12/4/2010


Officially in my second trimester!! WOOT! No real milestones for this date, still pukey still losing weight, still PREGNANT!!!!! Which is the most important :)


-----------
12/21/2010


Checkup!
I had been feeling good for the two days prior to my appointment (only threw up once each day!! WOO!) and got cocky and bragged! Heard the heartbeat again, 160 an it sounded like a little drummer in there! The doctor even agreed to let me get my anatomy scan a little early so I could find out boy/girl while my brother is in town!!! Yay for good news!


---------


12/25/2010


Merry Christmas! This morning started out like the last few others, after shooting my mouth off at the doctors office on the 21st about how "AWESOME!" I had been feeling I proceeded to start getting sick again that night (the 21st)...a lot, and it continued.


Then it just got worse, and worse, and worse! Ew!
I was originally scheduled to work Christmas night and the two nights afterward (The joys of being a nurse) Went to breakfast, and before I could even attempt to finish it, I had already thrown it back up. Have you ever drank water and then thrown it up while it was still cold???? New experience for me too....
So I shrug it off, take more meds, lay down to take a nap....then get up to get sick, take more meds, lay down for a nap.....finally sleep a little...and wake up feeling like I had been hit by a truck!!


Long story short I ended up calling in to work, which is a GINORMOUS no-no on a holiday, the supervisor advises me that I should probably go to the ER if I don't want to get in trouble....
Little does SHE know...my boots are already on, and hubby has the car running because we're already heading that way.


A little of fluid and some IV zofran later (About 5-6 hours) I'm heading back home with directions to call my OB on monday. I have been "officially" diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum. No fun!
Did I mention we're in a the middle of a blizzard???!


------------------------


12/27/10


So I call my OB on monday, first thing (because I'm a good little patient)
Apparently an ER trip is not something they like to hear so they're all "Come in NOW!!!" and I'm saying "UMMMM there's 50000 feet of snow in my front yard" and they say "Who cares, get your butt in here!"


So I do. Dustin originally wasn't going to accompany me but when he saw the 10 inches of snow on my car (because I was nice enough to ask him to clean it off while I speed showered to get ready) he decided he didn't want me to drive...and I'm eternally grateful!


So we get there, finally!
And I pee in a cup (My new favorite hobby apparently)


and the doctor comes in and says 4+ Ketones!!! You are a horrible (and severely dehydrated) mother!
Not really on the horrible mother part....but that's what I felt like! :(
So we get sent to the hospital because apparently the baby doesn't like swimming around in ketone filled fluid...who knew right!


And I get admitted to labor and delivery, and poked with needles (Apparently this is also becoming a new hobby).
Fluids are started, and then more needles, and IV zofran is given, then phenergan, then finally the pukiness stops, for now.


Let me just add that it's really strange to be on labor and delivery and not actually "Labor" or "deliver"
The lab people, and dietary people that would come in the room always had that silly "AWWWW BEBE!!" grin on their face....and I felt too guilty to correct them.


Since this is a photo blog here's a photo of my IV so you'll feel sorry for me ;)




-------------------------


12/28/2010


Sent home from hospital! Souped up my meds, and so far they're really helping! I'm all sad and mopey because I feel like a loser, and I'm driving Dustin crazy. He swears I'm not but I feel like a pain in the butt.




--------------------------


And finally we're up to today!
I will post another post for "todays update"
This one is becoming novelish.






~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment