Monday, January 3, 2011

So now that we're up to date lets talk about crappy luck!

So if you read the last two updates you know that I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (Google it). Which due to its long worded-ness and my laziness will hence forth be referred to as HG.

So, I was diagnosed with HG after my lovely ER trip and subsequent hospital stay and this caused the doctors to get a little more serious about medications and the meds were actually working. I was thrilled! I can handle puking once daily, I can even handle being in a constant state of nausea! YES!!!

So I was finally allowed to return to work after 12 days off where I did nothing but lay around and feel sorry for myself.

It was wonderful! Worked my first shift back, no problems. Feeling good, meds are doing their thing!!! This is wonderful! I AM able to function like a normal human being!!!!!


Then I go back on Sunday for my second shift as a normal human.
My belly starts to cramp on the way there....no biggy.
By the time I get to work, these "cramps" are taking my breath away...not good. They're also waxing and waning in intervals of 4-5 minutes and they are PAINFUL!!!!

SO, thinking I'm just having some GI issues I head to the bathroom....where I proceed to curl up in a ball, cry, and puke....wow.
And then the pain gets worse...
and I vomit again..
and I try to hide in a corner until it all goes away. But you can't do that when you're a nurse...people FIND YOU....

and they made me go to the ER where I'm told....

get this....


I have a stomach virus.

I'll just let the irony of that one sink in for a little while....
Yea....I know.

 Apparently there's a nasty GI bug floating around where the victims have horrible abdominal cramping, vomiting and *cough cough* "other things." So I get sent home...and told to stay home until the 4th....
and I cry, because I don't want to live under a bridge and hospitals don't pay you to be a patient.

So I go home, and I whine, and I freak out, and I call my boss. And I feel better, because she tells me I'm free to make up my two missed shifts so that I will NOT be living under said bridge any time soon.

Isn't that sweet? Yay!


So I'm 18 weeks and two days now, and if I can get over this GI bug I think I'll actually be able to return to work and NOT miss anymore days barring any more unforseen catastrophes.

Woe is me, do you feel sad for me yet??? *sad pouty face*
I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude because no matter how sick I get, or how poopy I feel at the end of it all, I get a really really great consolation prize *smiley face!!!*

This was taken a few days ago, but I'm pleased to annouce that even after losing 6 more pounds, I've developed a "bump!" WOOT!


Don't mind my convict shirt...It's one of the few that still fit over my expanding belly now.



~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment