Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Congratulations!! It's an.....exhibitionist!!!

Okay,
Allow me to repent for my dirty evil ways....of building up excitement for my super gender scan and then never posting another update.


Let me explaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiin!!!!!!


On the day of the big scan-our interwebs died. This led to a large debate with Time Warner....mostly about how they are stupid. Long story short we ended up switching to Verizon, and it just got re-established.
ANYWAY!!!!!!




I was always terrified that I would be the poor woman with the child that kept their legs clinched tight in utero, never giving a glimpse of the goods, that my baby would be terrified of medical nudity in the way that I always was (the thought of disrobing monthly at a doctors appointment was enough for me to prevent pregnancy as a young adult.) I was convinced that I would drive myself crazy for 9 months wondering if there was a tiny doodle or a ding-dong (yes I'm four) growing in my uterus and I would be forced to buy all gender neutral clothing. (I sound so vain!)


But it's true.


So.....anybody ever seen Varsity Blues??? (This has a point I promise). If you have, and I'm not just sleep deprived, there's a point in the movie where the old men in the diner are discussing the shenanigans of the drunken football players the nights before. At some point in the conversation the phrase "Weiners?!?!? Pressed against the glass?!?!?" Gets uttered.


Just "marinate" on that.


Here I am, all excited, trying to not act like the ultrasound tech attempting to push the ultrasound wand through my stomach and into the table below isn't at all uncomfortable, she mutters "I think I see boy parts."


and that's it! No "It's a Boy!!!" nothing. I start to panic because I'm thinking "Lady, I can't go to Old Navy and annihilate the clearance rack on a "I think."


About that time Baby E decides he's tired of playing mind games.


Hence the phrase "Weiners....pressed against the glass?!?!?!?"
It looked like my son decided to moon us by pressing his butt against a flat pane of glass....nice. I'm having an exhibitionist! A BOY exhibitionist!!






Not a prude like mommy

Okay.
Is it weird to say that I feel awkward showing my sons 2-D goods on the internet??? Because I kinda do! Ah, let's compromise with a cute foot shot!!!!


And lets just add one more with a disclaimer....I love this baby more than anything!!! I sometimes get scolded for my laissez faire, sarcastic view on pregnancy. But why should me being pregnant be any different than anything else in life. I refuse to be one of those pregnant women that change everything about their personality simply because they're pregnant....it irritates me.


Now that that's out there.

Doesn't anybody else on the planet think that a front shot of the baby's face on ultrasound looks like Skelator from He-Man???


ADMIT IT!!!!!!

and then I'll admit to you that this is the only time I've ever looked at Skelator and said "AWWWWWWWWWWWW!"


~A


No comments:

Post a Comment