Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Two days and 3 1/2 hours...but who's counting right?

Things are looking up on the homefront. I'm finally managing to be excited about being pregnant!! I don't think I had "unrealistic expectations" but I wasn't expecting things to be quite the battle that they have been in the past 10 weeks. I was always aware that pregnancy was not all baby kicks and belly pics. But I wasn't prepared for the onslaught of headaches, back pain, heartburn, puking, and a lot of other things that I won't blog about because I'm a "laaayddeeee."


This isn't saying that I was expecting pregnancy to be a breeze, because I WASN'T. So don't you "I told you so-ers" even open your fat little mouths! Actually, never once did I expect it to be "easy," but I certainly don't think that anyone expects to be hospitalized and the other things that I've experienced, so I think my feelings are normal and perfectly understandable. Now that this Dr. Phil moment is over...


Onto the fun part of my post.


One thing I was NOT made aware of is that apparently people take pregnancy as an open invitation for insults. Old women think that "You're having a girl because your rear-end is soooo wide" and "Your nose is spreading out, must be a BOY!" are perfectly acceptable comments to make to a perfect stranger once they find out there's a tiny human nesting in your abdomen. If you didn't know that I was pregnant would you randomly walk up to me and say "WOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH huge butt! How's it going?" Or "Hey big nose, how's the weather?"


ummmmmm.....no.


I don't walk up to random people and tell them they're huge. You shouldn't either. The next time someone tells me I'm huge and must be carrying twins I'm just going to say "No....I'm just really fat and I had finally made a breakthrough in therapy about accepting my weight problem...thanks for setting me back 3 months." Then just watch them get uncomfortable and then try to stammer their way out of it.




That might seem mean....but if you don't want me to make you feel like jerk, then maybe you shouldn't make me feel like the Goodyear blimp. Deal??


In other news, my brother is coming in from Norfolk tonight! Even though I won't get to see him until Thursday probably. But thursday is also the BIG DAY!!!! It's ultrasound day!! WOOT! Time to see if I'm toting an xx or an xy, hamburger or a hotdog, sausage-fest or a taco party!!!




I have no new pics so I leave you one of Leia being confused by my old laptop.


"I confused!! Where is key for Beggin' Strips?!?!?"



 ~A

No comments:

Post a Comment