Saturday, January 15, 2011

I've been feeling crafty.

Blame it on the hormones.
I've been feeling especially crafty. After I saw someone on my facebook page (Chelsea to be exact!!) made a sock monkey...I got an itchy sewing finger to try it on my own!


After a trial run with a pair of Dustin's old worn out socks, I traveled to the store and bought boo-koos of socks to make cute ones!!!


The first victim was Allison, my sister-in-law! She chose the pink and green socks and away we went. The end result although slightly creepy (but aren't all sock monkey just a little strange?), was very cute!




The blue and white striped socks are being saved for Baby E, I'll post pictures when I get those done, and I have plans to make little Elaina (a friends oober cute child) one as well....both of these will NOT have buttons for eyes, as they pose a choking hazzard, so I'm still in the process of trying to think of ways to do the eyes without them looking creepy as all get out!!!!! (Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!)


Amazingly enough there are hundreds of animals you can make with socks! Who knew. This kid is making me creative....




I also found a pattern for making baby leg warmers!!! Woot!  Good thing I'm having a boy or I'd be whipping out the bow patterns. The problem with my craftiness is that it's intermittent. I'll usually spend an entire day at the sewing machine or on a scrapbook, etc...and then never touch it for another month. Maybe I should ration the crafty? Who knows. All I know is I don't think I could ever get to the point where I could steadily sell things I make, as I don't do it often enough to make a profit!


What else did I do this week?!???
[epic duck face]


I hung out with my brother and we compared belly sizes.


I think I win :)




[and this is the part where you say "OMGEEE YUR HUUUUGE!!!!!" and I pinch your face off!]



oh and I also just realized I didn't have anonymous commenting in place on my bloggarrooooo. So now you DON'T have to have a gmail address to comment....I don't think. Or maybe you do....just try it!

 
A

2 comments:

  1. Love the sock monkey! haha and I'm loving how much we have in common..maybe its the hyperemesis that gives us the creative flair? lol good job on the monkey, I'm sure we'll both have a whole farm of sock animals soon enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sort of addicted to sock monkeys now haha! You'll have to give me some tips, yours look a lot more sturdy than mine!

    ReplyDelete