Thursday, January 27, 2011

Uterus of Steel.

I'm trying to be good and update at least once a week (and I missed last week)....which is hard to do when your life is about as exciting as....well it's just so boring I can't even think of an adequate analogy okay?


The Jets don't get to go to the Super Bowl which means there's a dark cloud hanging over the Edwards home at present. Baby E will not be wearing his official Jets onsie home from the hospital as planned....as he may shrivel from shame before we can get him home. ;)


I would looooove to not mention heaving in one blog post. But, SORRY! I got all cocky and thought I didn't need to take my meds anymore, so I didn't get my script refilled.....after two days of misery I decided that I'm a moron, and I now will be taking them religiously. I'm officially one of those pathetic weiners that will be sick the entire pregnancy and I've accepted it!! I only have a "few" more weeks of the second trimester left and supposedly morning sickness "can come back" in the third....so I will be vomiting until Baby E makes his grand appearance. Lets just say I've been blessed in other departments because as far as all other pregnancy stuff goes I'm a rockstar!!! If it weren't for endless vomity-ness I wouldn't even know I was pregnant. (so far)  -The end-


OH! But lets talk about something exciting shall we??? I FINALLY am feeling movement....I was depressed and thinking that perhaps my uterus was plated with steel and that I would never feel "flutters" "kicks" anything...then all the sudden I feel "things" and find myself having an internal dialogue of "was that a kick or gas?" Never in my life did I think that I would ever have to ask myself that question; "Foot or fart?"


oh that's right....I went there.


Needless to say! It was a foot....because at the 21 week mark Baby E decided to upgrade from granny-style Tai-Bo flutters to Jui-Jitsu style ninja flips and kicks. He's a kung-fu master.


I always get the "Isn't it soooo amaaaaazing????" Question. And to be honest...it's the most awesome, crazy and weirdest thing I ever felt in my life....I've yet to say "Awwwww" I kept saying "That's the strangest feeling EVER." That's not saying it's NOT amazing....it's just really weird too!


My only awww moment was when he decided he didn't like me poking around on my stomach and kicked my hand away. HELLO! 


Lets end this post with an obligatory belly shot and a pregnancy survey :) This shot is 21 weeks exacly...I think, and don't be judging....the "junk" room is the only room with a full length mirror.




Huge-Bell-EEE


Survey-


How far along?  22 weeks on Saturday (21 weeks 5days for those of you that don't like math)


Total weight gain/loss: as of January 6th I had gained one pound!! WOOT!


Maternity clothes? Yes, I caved at the 19 week mark and bought a Bella Band and a couple Maternity pants and two shirts. I refuse to buy any more!! That crap's waaaaaay too expensive!!!


Stretch marks? Not unless you count the ones from puberty!


Sleep: Is very stange right now! Sometimes I could sleep for two days straight, sometimes not at all.


Best moment this week: getting my hand nudged, and feeling like there's a squirrel in there.


Movement: See above!!! LOTS OF MOVEMENT!! :) Finally!


Food cravings: I hate food :( I wish I craved more stuff!


Gender: Boy!


Labour signs: ummm no


Belly button in or out? Innie, I was 100 % sure it would stay that way due to it's cave like nature, but I can actually push on it a little...and it inverts. CREEEEPY


What I am looking forward to: Hearing the heartbeat again at the next appointment, and for this morning sickness to stop kicking my ass!!! Please?!?!?? No? Okay then....


Milestones: Finally feeling movement after being convinced that I had a uterus of steel and would never feel Baby E, finding out the gender, Feeling that one little itty bitty kick on my hand :)




A

1 comment:

  1. oh. my. lord. woman. your belly is freakin' adoraaaable! and i'm so glad Baby E is kicking and squirming around. i know it's a totally weird feeling, but honestly i miss that now! it's kinda nice b/c it's something only mommy and baby get to share...it's like you have him all to yourself right now. then when he arrives, gosh darnit you gotta share him. booo. haha. we must must MUST do lunch/dinner/late night snack ASAP. Elaina needs to see you and Baby E!!

    ReplyDelete