Monday, January 11, 2010

When are we moving to America? It sounds like it's really nice.....

Some people have heard me openly admit that......most haven't! Because it's, well, it's pretty stupid.

When I was in kindergarten we sang a song called "America the Beautiful," and I loved it!  I loved it SO much that it apparently inspired me! I went home that afternoon and as soon as possible promptly asked my mother this: "When are WE going to move to America?"

YES, I did.
and
NO, I'm not stupid-I'm just unobservant, PAINFULLY unobservant.

I also take this as evidence that my trait of being painfully unobservant started young in life and has only grown worse since then; and also that my mother has always been incredibly patient with me.



Today's photo is captioned "America....f*** yea!"

Kidding. This is the American Flag at my mothers house.  I myself found it rather fitting for the story of how ignorant I was as a child. Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm off to work for another night of healing. (How corny was THAT)

                                                            --- Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment